Ironbridge View Townhouse Responsible Visitor Charter
Seven things you can do to help save the planet. Here at Ironbridge View Townhouse, we are working hard to be as green and sustainable as possible, but we need your help. We can all reduce our impact on the environment by making choices. As a visitor you have a very important role to play in helping Ironbridge conserve its natural assets and become a more sustainable destination.
Here are some ideas on how you can help while you are with us:
1. Conserve Energy – reduce energy by switching off lights and closing windows if heating is on. The Energy Saving Trust provides information on what you can do while with us and at home. www.est.org.uk
2. Give the car a rest – Leave the car behind, if only for a day. Walk, cycle or use public transport. We are happy to provide you with advice. Visit our local bus company Arriva website to plan your journey.
3. Shop Local – Use local products, they give you a flavour of the real Ironbridge and help support local communities. We are fortunate to have some fantastic producers of food, drink and arts and crafts. We have a local arts and craft centre in Ironbridge the Maws Craft Centre with over 20 unique shops - http://www.mawscraftcentre.co.uk/ A wonderful market just a few miles away in Wellington selling regional produce. Once a month there are late night market evenings once a month, with a vast array of different street food vendors, mobile and pop up
4. Reduce, Reuse, recycle – Try to avoid overly packaged goods and say no to that extra carrier bag. Use our butte shopping bags hanging by the front door. You can also support us in our efforts to recycle – www.recyclenow.com
5. Be Water Wise – Water is a precious resource and should be used wisely. Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth and adhere to towel policies or other water saving initiatives.
6. Respect nature – Help us to look after the landscape and wildlife by not littering, guarding against fire and using footpaths and cycleways responsibly. Ensure you follow the Countryside Code www.countrysideaccess.gov.uk
7. Green Tourism - This is the go-to standard for sustainability, look out for the symbol and please support those businesses that are working to reduce their carbon footprint. The award is also open to tour operators, visitor attractions, activity providers, accommodation providers, restaurants, and other businesses. http://www.green-tourism.com/
And most importantly have a great time when you are here, we’d like you to come back! And finally, if you feel there is anything else we could be doing to reduce our environmental impact please let us know.